Available on Amazon Prime Video
Written by Zoya Akhtar, Reema Kagti, Alankrita Shrivastava
Directed by Zoya Akhtar, Nitya Mehra, Prashant Nair, Alankrita Shrivastava
Starring: Arjun Mathur, Sobhita Dhulipala, Kalki Koechlin, Jim Sarbh, Shashank Arora, Shivani Raghuvanshi
Genre – Drama, Romance
You are probably living under a rock if you have not heard about Amazon Prime Video’s show called Made In Heaven. This 2019 web series portrays the lives of two Delhi-based wedding planners, Tara and Karan. It shows how they deal with the clashing ideologies of the older and younger generation in India.
This show is very different from what we usually see in the Indian industry. It deals with a lot of topics boldly. Made in Heaven talks about love, marriage, sexuality, social status, meaningless rituals, illegal practices, and much more. It shows us the harsh reality of Indian society.
The show has received a lot of positive reviews. It has an IMDb score of 8.3/10. Every form of content that we consume teaches us something or the other. Here are some important lessons learned from Made In Heaven (2019).
1. It is absolutely okay to have sex before marriage if you want to. Just make sure it is safe and consensual.
2. Your parents are allowed to remarry and you should join in their happiness.
3. Taking and giving dowry is a crime.
4. One must respect all genders. Love is love.
5. Don’t judge a person’s knowledge on the basis of his language.
6. Girls supporting girls!
7. Marriage is not always a lifelong commitment. Some marriages work, others don’t.
8. At the end of the day, family is all that matters.
Images courtesy: http://www.schoopwhoop.com
Read more: Made in Heaven (2019-)
Check out our YouTube channel: